Parras Middle School At-a-Glance
Parras Middle School has been serving the Redondo Beach community since opening in 1953. Parras provides a rigorous education, which prepares students to be successful at Redondo Union High School. Parras’ motivated students are high achieving and able to pursue interests in sports, music, theater arts and writing.
- Currently Parras has over 900 sixth through eighth grade students enrolled
- Academic Performance Index over 900 makes Parras one of the highest achieving middle schools in the South Bay.
- Parras has twice been awarded the California Distinguished School award.
- Overnight camps are offered for all three grade levels to further enrich students’ experience at Parras.
- Elective classes for students to pursue their interests such as drama, media technology, computers, creative writing, orchestra, school publications and leadership.
- Students have the opportunity to play in intermural program with such sports as flag football, soccer, volleyball, basketball and softball.
- After- school GATE program provides students with a one of a kind experiential learning opportunity.
- Two highly trained counselors are on staff to assist students with academic, social and emotional needs during their three years at Parras.
- Students are placed on a core team of teachers. This is done so teachers are better able to address your student’s needs.
- Parras provides an online Parent Portal for parents to view their child’s attendance and assignment grades in real time.
- Students receive PE everyday along with the core subjects of math, social studies, science, and language arts.
- Sixth grade students are placed on a small team of two teachers. One teacher will teach math and science while the other will teach social studies and language arts.
- Teamed teachers share a common conference period each day to meet with parents any day of the week to address concerns.
- Jazz band, concert band, wind ensemble, orchestra and symphonic band are offered.
- A new performing arts stage and an outdoor amphitheater for performances are in place.
- Textbooks are online for students to have access at all times.
- A Digital library is available for students to download novels to their eReaders and Ipads.
The above information is a small sampling of what Parras offers its students. To learn more information about Parras School, please visit the school website at www.parrasmiddle.org.